Unfortunately for us, stress never seems to take time off. That’s why I wanted to remind everyone five quick ways to beat stress…
5. Take a walk - Fresh air and sunlight for 15-20 minutes can be clearing and calming. Place aside the computer, iPhone, iPad, etc. and take a walk.
4. Sit in Silence - 10 - 30 minutes of yoga or meditation helps the mind regain focus.
3. Breathe - Big deep abdominal (belly) breaths. Shallow, or short chest breaths could means less oxygen to the body and brain.
2. Laugh - 10 minutes of laughter a day can change your frame of mind. As the saying goes, “Laughter is the best medicine.” (Well almost)
1. Get a Massage - a 60 or 90 minute massage will increase blood flow throughout the body, relax tense muscles, and stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system.
So, take a moment to make your next appointment with me, or your massage therapist, then take a short walk. Don’t forget to breathe.